COUNSELING QUICK LINKS
Click to set custom HTML
North Smithfield School District Comprehensive School Counseling Philosophy
The counselors in the North Smithfield School District believe that:
• All students have dignity and worth;
• All students have the potential for learning and to meet high academic standards;
• Education is a responsibility shared by the students, parents, staff, and community and is based upon an atmosphere of mutual respect;
• All students should have access to opportunities that will assist them in developing personal, academic and career choices.
The North Smithfield School District School Counseling Program will:
• Serve all students;
• Consider the individual needs of all students;
• Provide a developmentally appropriate school counseling curriculum;
• Follow the professional mandates and ethical guidelines promoted by the Rhode Island School Counselor Association and the American School Counselor Association.
• Maintain compliance with the Rhode Island Framework for Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Programs.